As you all know, I love spaghetti (Oh, I love spaghetti!!). Type in “spaghetti” in the search bar, and it’ll lead you to more than five entries. I eat spaghetti almost every week. If I’m not cooking it at home, I’m eating it in a fastfood restaurant (e.g. Jollibee). I’m all for easy to prepare spaghetti because I sure do not want to wait a long time before I can eat them. The easiest spaghetti dish I’ve created so far is this no-oil tomato and basil spaghetti.
pasta, cooked according to directions
very ripe tomatoes, chopped
basil, chopped roughly
salt and black pepper
reserve some of the pasta liquid to cook the tomatoes
- Cook pasta. Transfer pasta to a bowl. Do not throw away the pasta water.
- In a saucepan, add the tomatoes, onions and garlic. Add salt. The salt will bring out the flavor of the tomatoes.
- Add pasta liquid and bring tomatoes to a simmer. The tomatoes should be crushed by this time.
- Cook tomatoes until your desired doneness. Add basil leaves.
- Add tomato-basil sauce to pasta.
- Season with more salt and pepper. Or parmesan cheese.
We like to pair our pasta with Kate’s garlic bread, Skyflakes or Sunflower crackers.